Bacon & Hash Brown Egg Casserole
This recipe originated on MyRecipes.com, but I've altered so much of the recipe that I thought I'd post a new version. It's now it's perfect for me and my family. This recipe can be made the night before, covered tightly with foil, and refrigerated. Remove the foil before baking and add 20-30 minutes to the cooking time. I didn’t notice any difference in taste making it fresh as opposed to making it the night before.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 package(s) bacon cooked
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 package(s) mushrooms (8 oz) sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 can(s) Rotel (regular) drained
- 1 pkg - 2 pound(s) Frozen Hash Browns thawed
- 3 cup(s) medium or sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside, reserving 2 T. drippings. Add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms, cook 5-6 minutes over medium heat (in bacon drippings), stirring occasionally. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, beat milk and eggs with wire whisk.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of hash browns in baking dish. Spread mushroom mixture evenly on top, along with ½ of the bacon pieces and Rotel. Mix into the potatoes a bit. Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of cheese. Spread remaining hash browns over top. Top with remaining bacon pieces (mixing into potatoes a bit) and pour egg mixture on top. Top with remainder of cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes (uncovered) or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, and cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DarlingRed and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note