This was great! All my teenagers actually liked it. I used a sharp cheddar that was somewhat overpowering so I would suggest a milder one. Because I'm a terrible cook, I was really pleased at how easy it was.
Bacon and Hash Brown Casserole
This quick side dish is well-suited for a casual brunch. The leftover turkey gravy makes it creamy and flavorful.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 159mg
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 (32-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine turkey gravy, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, pepper, potatoes, and sour cream. Spoon into a shallow 1-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles