Bacon, Egg, and Toast Salad with OJ Dressing
Photo: Iain Bagwell
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 415
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Sodium: 1037mg
- Cholesterol: 236mg
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 cups slivered orange or red bell peppers
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion, rinsed and patted dry
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 7 ounces multigrain bread, sliced 3/4 in. thick, toasted
- 1. Quarter cucumber lengthwise, then slice 1/2 in. thick. Toss cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Whisk together 1/4 tsp. salt, the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, and oil in a small bowl. Set dressing aside.
- 3. Brown bacon in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat until golden, turning once, 4 minutes. Cut into 1/4-in. strips.
- 4. Put eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover pan, and let sit 3 minutes for soft-cooked. Crack eggs all over on counter, transfer to a bowl of ice water, and let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Peel and halve lengthwise.
- 5. Meanwhile, tear bread into 1/2- to 1-in. pieces. Add to vegetables along with bacon and dressing, and toss until evenly coated.
- 6. Divide salad among 4 shallow bowls and top each with 2 egg halves. Season to taste with pepper and more salt.
Make ahead: Up to 2 days, chop vegetables and cook eggs (let sit 10 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes