Bacon, Egg, Cheese & Hash Brown Casserole
I looked around for a recipe that would be lower calorie but still yummy. I couldn't found anything so I created this one, it's really a mashup of several different ones. It takes a little time to prepare but you can make the casserole the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning. For a little kick try substituting pepper jack cheese in place of the cheddar.
- 1/2 pound(s) Bacon diced
- 1 whole(s) Sweet Onion chopped
- 1/2 whole(s) Sweet Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 package(s) Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (20 oz)
- 1 can(s) chopped green chilies (4 oz) drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 1% Milk
- 8 ounce(s) Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 6 whole(s) Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) Baking mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon fat. In a non stick skillet saute onions and bell pepper in bacon fat until translucent, add hash browns, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and green chilies. Cover and cook approximately 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Meanwhile mix together milk, eggs, baking mix, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place hash brown mixture in a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with non stick spray, pour egg mixture over the top, sprinkle with cooked bacon and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until eggs are set.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cantsitstill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note