Bacon-Corn Chowder with Shrimp from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 6 slice(s) center-cut bacon chopped
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 4 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- 2 cup(s) fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound(s) medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan; saute 4 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Drain on paper towels. Add onion and next 3 ingredients (through minced garlic) to pan, and saute for 2 minutes. Add corn, and cook 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth; bring to a boil, and cook for 4 minutes.
- 2.Place 2 cups of corn mixture in a blender. Remove the center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape), and secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Return pureed corn mixture to pan. Stir in shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in half-and-half, pepper, and salt. Crumble reserved bacon over soup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon-Corn Chowder with Shrimp from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes