Made half-recipe. Easy to prep in advance. Followed ingredient list except used reduced-fat cheddar. Made just a couple changes: used a ricer on the potato and stuffed all 6 skins rather than throwing any away. Had them ready & waiting to pop in the oven to reheat/melt topping. Served with CL's chipotle meat loaf and crisp-steamed carrots & broccoli. Hearty winter supper.
Bacon-Chipotle Twice-Baked Potatoes
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 464mg
- Calcium: 168mg
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (drained)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Bake potatoes at 450° for 50 minutes or until done; cool slightly. Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Combine potato pulp, milk, 3/4 cup cheese and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Spoon potato mixture evenly into 10 shells; discarding remaining 2 shells. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese evenly over potatoes. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables