Made this today for the Super Bowl. Yummy!
Bacon Chipotle Caramel Corn
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) un-popped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 can(s) (7oz. can) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 2/3 cup(s) Light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) Honey
- Place cooked bacon in the freezer.
- Pop kernels over the stove or in air popper. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Purée peppers in a food processor (or finely chop with a knife) . Set aside.
- Bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and honey to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from stove.
- Stir in chilled bacon and chipotle peppers.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and toss until well coated. Spread popcorn over two well-oiled rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake at 290 degrees for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- (Popcorn can cool on the pans with occasional stirring and breaking up chunks.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by schelms and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes