Made this today for the Super Bowl. Yummy!
Bacon Chipotle Caramel Corn
Recipe by Jesse Hansen, executive sous-chef at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale, via Southwest Airline's Spirit magazine.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) un-popped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 can(s) (7oz. can) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 2/3 cup(s) Light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) Honey
- Place cooked bacon in the freezer.
- Pop kernels over the stove or in air popper. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Purée peppers in a food processor (or finely chop with a knife) . Set aside.
- Bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and honey to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from stove.
- Stir in chilled bacon and chipotle peppers.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and toss until well coated. Spread popcorn over two well-oiled rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake at 290 degrees for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- (Popcorn can cool on the pans with occasional stirring and breaking up chunks.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by schelms and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note