Meatballs can be made ahead of time
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- For the meatballs
- 5 strip(s) bacon, cooked and diced,plus extra for garnish
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Montreal Steak seasoning
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) salt
- For the soup
- 2 tablespoon(s) meatball pan drippings
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped onion - about 1 medium
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cup(s) beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 can(s) 16 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped spinach
- 1 cup(s) grated Cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Make the meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix bacon, beef, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal Steak seasoning and salt. Form meatballs in quarter-size balls and place on a nonstick cookie sheet. You should have 17 to 20 meatballs. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven, reserving 2 tablespoons of the meatball pan drippings.
- 2. Make the soup: Place the reserved drippings in a 4 quart pot. Ad onions and cook, stirring, over medium heat until almost translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute for about a minute. Add meatballs, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ketchup. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Let simmer 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with crumbled bacon and a little extra grated cheese, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon-Cheeseburger Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews