very good dish! hubby & 3 teens loved it..be careful to only partially cook bacon, I wasn't paying attention & mine got too crispy and when it baked, REALLY too crispy! Used Monterey AND extra sharp cheddar..didn't have Dijon mustard so used honey mustard and regular yellow mustard..didn't have paprika so not sure if it changes taste..also, my chicken breasts were big so I split them down middle & had 6 pieces..plenty to fill all pieces..when you transfer chicken to baking dish,put all pieces touching that way the cheeses don't completly run off..also, after sauteing mushrooms,pour that left over liquid over the chicken too..will definately make again!
Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken
Similar to an entree at Outback Steakhouse, mushrooms, bacon strips and Monterey Jack cheese top these tender marinated chicken breasts. From Melanie Kennedy: Battle Ground, Washington. Recipe published in Taste of Home February/March 2005.
Refrigerate: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 dash(es) paprika
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- • In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- • Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- • In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note