These made terrific finger sandwiches!!! Yum!
Bacon and Cheddar Tea Sandwiches
While this recipe calls for country white bread, you can use any sandwich bread you like. For a nice color contrast, try pumpernickel or rye.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 131
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 127mg
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 12 (1-ounce) slices country white bread, crusts removed
- Combine all ingredients except the bread, stirring well.
- Spread 3 tablespoons cheese mixture on each of 6 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally; cut each half diagonally again to form 4 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note