Bacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves
These mini Bacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves are moist, tender and full of flavor; they're also light—even topped with bacon and melted cheese! From Tonya Vowels: Vine Grove, Kentucky. Serving Accompaniments: Baked Sweet Onion Rings and BLT Bread Salad. Recipe published in Light & Tasty April/May 2007.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 1/3 cup(s) plus 8 teaspoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- • In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, crackers, 1/3 cup cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four small loaves; place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top each with a half-strip of bacon.
- • Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note