These were excellent. I didn't use all of the milk and left the potatoes kind of lumpy. The texture and the flavor was really nice. The bacon is definitely present, but subtle. Served with chicken thigh/lean pork meatloaf, brown mushroom gravy, and maple roasted carrots (CL recipe), followed by berry cobbler (CL recipe, also). What a comforting meal for a stormy night!
Bacon and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed peeled baking potato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (drained)
- Place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add cheese and milk; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Add onions and remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
Tailor the flavors to suit your preferences by using Swiss cheese instead of cheddar or prosciutto instead of bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This