Enjoyed these a lot, an easy corn muffin and I love the addition of the corn kernels (and you can't go wrong with adding bacon and cheese, too!). Definitely a keeper.
Bacon-Cheddar Corn Muffins
Photo: David Prince; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in corn, cheese, and bacon. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and butter in a small bowl; stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture just until blended. (Do not overmix.) Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- 3. Bake 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This