Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) bacon cooked until crisp, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound(s) (85% lean) ground beef chuck
- salt and pepper
- 4 potato or brioche buns
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 5 ounce(s) sliced sharp yellow cheddar or american cheese
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- 2 cup(s) baby romaine leaves
- Preheat a grill to medium. Place the bacon in a large bowl, crumble the beef on top and season with salt and plenty of pepper; toss well. Shape the meat mixture into four 3 1/2 to 4 inch patties.
- Using a serrated knife, trim the bun tops and bottoms so they will sit flat on the grill. Spread the mayo and ketchup on the insides of both halves; divide the cheese among the bottoms; cover with the tops.
- Place the patties and cheese-filled buns on the grill; with the buns over a cooler area; cover and cook until the patties are medium, both sides of the buns are toasted and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Transfer the buns to plates and open carefully. Place a patty, a tomato slice and some lettuce on each bun bottom; replace the bun tops.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mthompson82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note