Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) bacon cooked until crisp, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound(s) (85% lean) ground beef chuck
- salt and pepper
- 4 potato or brioche buns
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 5 ounce(s) sliced sharp yellow cheddar or american cheese
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- 2 cup(s) baby romaine leaves
- Preheat a grill to medium. Place the bacon in a large bowl, crumble the beef on top and season with salt and plenty of pepper; toss well. Shape the meat mixture into four 3 1/2 to 4 inch patties.
- Using a serrated knife, trim the bun tops and bottoms so they will sit flat on the grill. Spread the mayo and ketchup on the insides of both halves; divide the cheese among the bottoms; cover with the tops.
- Place the patties and cheese-filled buns on the grill; with the buns over a cooler area; cover and cook until the patties are medium, both sides of the buns are toasted and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Transfer the buns to plates and open carefully. Place a patty, a tomato slice and some lettuce on each bun bottom; replace the bun tops.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mthompson82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes