Bacon Braised Parsnips
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 slice(s) applewood smoked bacon diced
- 1 pound(s) fresh parsnips trimmed, peeled
- 1 cup(s) unfiltered apple cider
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove and reserve crisp bacon.
- Meanwhile, cut parsnips into slicks about 2 inches long and 1/4 by 1/4 inch. Add parsnip sticks to bacon fat in skillet. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until parsnips are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add cider and syrup. Boil hard over high heat until pan juices reduce to a glaze, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with crisp bacon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon Braised Parsnips Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables