Made this with a few changes. First I used 12oz pasta and doubled the butter. Then I doubled the bacon and put half in the sauce and half on top. Huge family hit! Dinner tonight in fact!
Bacon Bow Tie Pasta
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
- 2. Cook bacon according to package directions; drain well, and crumble.
- 3. Beat cream cheese, butter, and Italian seasoning in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add milk, beating until mixture is smooth.
- 4. Microwave cream cheese mixture at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, whisking every 30 seconds. Pour cream cheese mixture over warm pasta, tossing to coat. Top with crumbled bacon and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Lightened Bacon Bow Tie Pasta: Substitute reduced-fat or turkey bacon, 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, and 2% reduced-fat milk. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note