Bacon Blue Cheese Spoon Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup masa harina or corn flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons salted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels, at room temperature
- 6 ounces (1 cup) Blue Cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bacon on ungreased rimmed sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes, until cooked and lightly crispy. Remove from pan, slice into small pieces, and bring the oven to 400°F.
- Bring 1cup buttermilk, water, masa harina and salt to a boil, whisking to avoid clumps. Simmer for 2 minutes while whisking. Add 2 tablespoons butter and remove from heat.
- Whisk together remaining cup of buttermilk and eggs in a large bowl. Add mixture slowly to cooked masa harina and stir well. Add corn kernels and bacon. Pour into an 8×8-inch buttered (using remaining ½ tablespoon butter) baking dish and dot the top with crumbled Blue Cheese. Season with pepper. Cook for 35-45 minutes until the top starts to brown and the spoon bread no longer jiggles. Let rest before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon Blue Cheese Spoon Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes