Serving this salad in cucumber rings as pictured will give you major presentation points for a special occasion.
Southern Living APRIL 2007
1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
3. Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, cut cucumbers lengthwise into very thin strips just until seeds are visible. Discard cucumber core.
4. Shape largest cucumber slices into 4 (2 1/2- to 2 3/4-inch-wide) rings. Wrap evenly with remaining cucumber slices. Stand rings upright on 4 serving plates.
5. Fill each cucumber ring evenly with mixed greens, next 3 ingredients, and toasted pecans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle each salad with 1 Tbsp. White Wine Vinaigrette, and serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Note: Y-shaped vegetable peelers can be found at most kitchen, home goods, and discount stores from $6.99 to $19.95.
Go to Full Version of