This salad is so impressive. It's rather tasty, too. Was not difficult, just a little time required to make it look as pretty as possible - worth the effort for a nice dinner party you want to make an impression for.
Bacon-Blue Cheese Salad With White Wine Vinaigrette
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cooked thick-cut bacon slices, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- White Wine Vinaigrette
- 1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 3. Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, cut cucumbers lengthwise into very thin strips just until seeds are visible. Discard cucumber core.
- 4. Shape largest cucumber slices into 4 (2 1/2- to 2 3/4-inch-wide) rings. Wrap evenly with remaining cucumber slices. Stand rings upright on 4 serving plates.
- 5. Fill each cucumber ring evenly with mixed greens, next 3 ingredients, and toasted pecans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle each salad with 1 Tbsp. White Wine Vinaigrette, and serve with remaining vinaigrette.
- Note: Y-shaped vegetable peelers can be found at most kitchen, home goods, and discount stores from $6.99 to $19.95.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This