Bacon, Blue Cheese and Fig Pizza
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 469
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Sodium: 1152mg
- 4 ounces bacon (about 4 strips), cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick pieces
- Flour or cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 10-oz. ball pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 dried figs, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct, medium-high grilling. If using charcoal, push 2/3 of hot coals to 1 side of grill; spread remaining 1/3 on other side. If using a gas grill, reduce heat on 1 side of grill to medium.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring, until brown and crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 3. Dust a 14-inch-wide pizza peel with flour or cornmeal; flour a work surface. Roll dough into a 12-inch round. Transfer dough to pizza peel and brush with olive oil.
- 4. Have your toppings within reach of the grill. Slide dough onto hottest part of grill; cover grill. Cook, rotating as needed, until bottom is blistered and browned, about 2 minutes. Flip dough onto cooler side of grill.
- 5. Spread mozzarella over crust; sprinkle with blue cheese, bacon and figs, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover grill and cook until bottom of crust has browned and cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes, occasionally uncovering and checking bottom of crust to ensure it's not burning. If it is, reduce heat (if using a gas grill) or move off the grill (if using charcoal). Transfer pizza to a cutting board; let stand 2 minutes. Slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This