- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir well. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese, bacon, and onion. Add milk, stirring until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and lightly knead 4 to 5 times.
- Roll dough into a 10- x 7-inch rectangle; cut into 3- x 1-inch rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note