Bacon-Beef Barley Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup(s) medium pearl barley
- 2 14 1/2-ounce can(s) beef broth
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 12-ounce jar(s) home-style beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- • In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, cook beef until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- • In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, corn and barley. Top with beef mixture and bacon. Combine the broth, tomatoes, gravy and pepper; pour over top (do not stir).
- • Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Serve over mashed potatoes if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note