Bacon, Basil and Tomato Salad
Yield: 4 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed country white bread, (1/2-in cubes)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices fully cooked bacon, heated, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper, optional
- Hands On: 15 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread cubes and garlic; toast bread until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
2. Arrange tomatoes in center of serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese, basil and bacon.
3. Whisk remaining oil and vinegar; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with bread cubes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads