Who says bacon can't be dessert? From Preci D'Silva: Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Recipe published in Taste of Home April/May 2010.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) bacon strips
- 1 cup(s) toasted chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped dates
- 10 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 20 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) bourbon
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- • In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- • Coarsely crumble bacon into a food processor; add almonds and dates. Cover and process until finely chopped.
- • Brush a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with some of the butter. Unroll phyllo dough; trim to fit into pan.
- • Layer five sheets of phyllo dough in prepared pan, brushing each with butter. (Keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Sprinkle with a third of the bacon mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining phyllo dough, brushing each sheet with butter.
- • Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over warm baklava. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 36 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note