This dish was a pleasant surprise. The flavors in this recipe blended together nicely with a different combination that works really well. I prepared the dish with no changes. .
Bacon-and-Sage-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Lynn Miller
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $1.29
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 16 sage leaves
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and place 2 sage leaves on each chicken breast half. Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place chicken pieces in baking dish. Bake until chicken is cooked through and interior registers 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer, about 40 minutes.
- 3. Transfer chicken to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Skim fat from juices in baking dish and pour them into a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and whisk in flour until a paste forms, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk any juices that have accumulated on platter into sauce. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note