I was searching for something different to make out of wild rice. I didn't quite have all the ingredients; I used a bit of yellow onion rather than the green onions, I didn't have greek seasoning so it got skipped. It turned out really well though, I'll definitely add this to my 'what I do with wild rice' list. I'll be anxious to trying it made per recipe.
Bacon-and-Mushroom Wild Rice
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (2.75-ounce) packages quick-cooking wild rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and green onions in hot drippings in skillet 8 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender.
- Toss together cooked rice, bacon, mushroom mixture, parsley, and Greek seasoning.
- For testing purposes only, we used FanciFood All Natural Quick Cooking Wild Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note