I prepared this salsa for a party appetizer. It was very bland tasting and visually unattractive appetizer. I will not make again.
For the ultimate Southern-style warm dip, combine chopped greens, corn, and bacon and serve with pork skins, sweet potato chips and hot sauce.
More From Southern Living
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen mixed greens, thawed and drained
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 serrano chile pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Pork rinds
- Sweet potato chips
- Hot sauce
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 2. Sauté greens, onion, and garlic in hot drippings 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn and next 3 ingredients, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve warm with pork rinds, sweet potato chips, and hot sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note