Bacon and Egg Pasta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 oz. dried linguine or thin spaghetti
- 5 pieces thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded (2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or basil
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- Shredded Asiago cheese (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan; keep warm. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; discard remaining drippings. Add wine, garlic and crushed red pepper to drippings in skillet. Return to heat. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, 3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in red sweet pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- 2. In medium bowl whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until egg mixture coats a metal spoon (160 degrees F). Do not scramble.
- 3. Add egg mixture to pasta along with bacon, spinach, the 1/2 cup Asiago, and parsley. Cook over medium heat 1 minute just to heat through, tossing with tongs to combine. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid to pasta mixture as needed to make creamy. Top with hard-cooked egg, additional Asiago, and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- nutrition facts
- Servings Per Recipe 4 to 6 servings Calories564 Total Fat (g)17 Saturated Fat (g)8, Monounsaturated Fat (g)5, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)2, Cholesterol (mg)92, Sodium (mg)618, Carbohydrate (g)71, Total Sugar (g)5, Fiber (g)4, Protein (g)28, Vitamin C (DV%)93, Calcium (DV%)22, Iron (DV%)26, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon and Egg Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes