Bacon and Egg Muffins
Cooling: 5 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 slice(s) Bacon Cut in thirds
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup(s) AP flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 1/4 cup(s) butter Melted
- 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese Shredded
- maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 400^. Cook bacon just to crisp. Drain and reserve drippings. Return 2T drippings to skillet. Beat 3 eggs with 2T water and a dash of salt and dash of pepper. Scramble eggs to set but still moist. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- 2. Brush 2 1/2" muffin cups with the remaining bacon drippings. In medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and 1/2t salt. Combine milk, oil, and remaining two eggs in a bowl. Stir into flour mixture. Fold in scrambled eggs and cheese. Spoon into muffin cups (they will be full).
- 3. Place one bacon piece on each muffin. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until light brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on rack. Run a knife around edges of muffins to loosen; remove from pans. Serve with syrup if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AnnafromML and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note