- 1 (16-ounce) Hawaiian bread loaf, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (8 slices)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salsa or sliced fresh tomatoes
How to Make It
Arrange bread cubes in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over prepared dish; press down bread cubes with a spoon to allow bread to soak up liquid. Cover and chill 8 hours. Let stand 30 minutes before baking.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set and golden. Serve with salsa or sliced fresh tomatoes.
Note: Hawaiian bread may be found in the deli section of supermarket. Ten to 12 white bread slices, cubed, may be substituted for Hawaiian bread.