- 8 ounces bacon (about 7-8 slices), chopped
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red onion (about 10 oz.), cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces baby golden potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Perfect Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven.
Add carrots and onion to drippings in Dutch oven; cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add beer; cook about 5 minutes, stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from bottom of Dutch oven.
Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and beginning to brown, 5 minutes. Whisk in broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add potatoes; cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in Beef, mustard, vinegar, and cooked bacon. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.