Baby Vidalia Onion Frittata
If you substitute green onions for the baby Vidalias, be sure to use 1 1/2 cups instead of 2 because green onions are so much stronger than mild, sweet baby Vidalia onions.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- 1 (3/4-pound) bunch baby Vidalia onions, thinly sliced with some green tops (about 2 cups), or 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Arrange onion mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Combine egg substitute and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over onion mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until almost set (mixture will still be wet on top).
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Broil frittata 3 minutes; sprinkle with cheese, and broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.
- carbo rating: 7
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch