Baby Vegetables with Honey and Lavender
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted baby vegetables*
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Trim baby vegetables, if necessary. Cook in boiling salted water to cover 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Cut 4-inch tips from asparagus, discarding ends. Cook in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in honey, lavender, salt, and pepper. Add baby vegetables and asparagus; stir until coated. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- *We tested with baby carrots, zucchini, yellow pattypan squash, and green pattypan squash.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baby Vegetables with Honey and Lavender Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This