Baby Vegetable Salad with Cornichons
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 3.4g
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 374mg
- Cholesterol: 1.3mg
- 1 pound small red and yellow fingerling potatoes (about 16)
- 1 bunch baby carrots with tops (about 8), trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (5 oz.), trimmed and strings pulled off
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cornichon pickles
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1. In a steamer, steam whole potatoes over high heat until tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove potatoes as each is done, then steam carrots until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove carrots and steam pea pods until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking, then drain and dry on paper towels.
- 2. When potatoes are cool enough to handle (but still warm), halve each lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and let stand 5 minutes. Halve carrots lengthwise and add to potatoes along with cornichons and pea pods.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Pour dressing over vegetables and very gently toss to coat (try not to crush the potatoes). Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads