- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of sugar
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 baby artichokes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 20 small red potatoes (about 12 ounces)
- 3 bunches baby carrots, with tops (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled
- 2 bunches small radishes, with tops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup torn radicchio
- 1 head Belgian endive, separated into leaves (about 4 ounces)
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 20 pitted ripe olives
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite-sized pieces
- calories 127
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 19.5 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 386 mg
- calcium 127 mg
How to Make It
To prepare marinade, combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
To prepare vegetables, working with 1 artichoke at a time, cut off stem to the base. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves, leaving tender heart and bottom; trim about 1 inch from top of artichoke. Steam artichokes, covered, 20 minutes or until tender; cool to room temperature. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise. Remove fuzzy thistle from bottom with a spoon.
Steam potatoes, covered, 6 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
Trim carrot stems to 2 inches. Steam carrots, covered, for 20 seconds. Plunge into ice water; drain well.
Trim radish tops to 1 inch.
Place artichokes, potatoes, carrots, radishes, radicchio,and endive in a large bowl. Drizzle with marinade; toss gently to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
Arrange vegetables on a platter; top with olives and cheese.
Wine Note: Serve the Baby Vegetable Antipasto and Rosemary-Scented Flatbread with Black Grapes with a light, snappy white like Pino and Toi from the producer Maculan. A blend of Pinot Grigio, Pinot Bianco, Tacai, and Chardonnay, the 2001 is $ Other good bets: Italian Gavi or Orvieto.