My family's favorite dessert. I love that the pecans are served on the side so my guests who are allergic or just don't like them, can still enjoy this recipe.
Baby Sweet Potato Cakes With Sticky Caramel-Pecan Sauce
2006 Cook-Off Finalist.
Yield: Makes 12 cakes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Cool: 5 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup DOMINO Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-oz.) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- CRISCO Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Caramel-Pecan Sauce
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heavy cream (optional)
- 1. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 2. Combine flour and baking soda. Gradually add half of flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended, and stopping to scrape bottom and down sides of bowl. Add remaining half of flour mixture, and beat until blended. Add vanilla and next 5 ingredients, beating at medium speed until smooth. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove warm cakes from pan, and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Top each cake with 2 1/2 Tbsp. Caramel-Pecan Sauce. Serve with vanilla ice cream or ice-cold heavy cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts