Baby Romaine and Blood Orange Salad
More From Oxmoor House
- 5 blood oranges or red navel oranges
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 2 shallots)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cup baby Romaine lettuce (9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Section oranges by cutting away the rind and white pith; carefully cut alongside each membrane to remove fruit, using a paring knife. Squeeze remaining membranes to extract juice. Combine juice, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; slowly drizzle in oil while whisking constantly. Cover and chill up to 2 days (return to room temperature before serving).
- Toss lettuce with orange segments, pine nuts, and desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This