- 5 blood oranges or red navel oranges
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 2 shallots)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cup baby Romaine lettuce (9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
How to Make It
Section oranges by cutting away the rind and white pith; carefully cut alongside each membrane to remove fruit, using a paring knife. Squeeze remaining membranes to extract juice. Combine juice, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; slowly drizzle in oil while whisking constantly. Cover and chill up to 2 days (return to room temperature before serving).
Toss lettuce with orange segments, pine nuts, and desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately.