Baby Lettuces with Feta, Strawberries and Almonds
Photo: Peden + Munk
This salad is an extraordinary combination of ingredients that wouldn't seem to go together: feta, strawberries and almonds.
More From Food & Wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 (small) shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, preferably Banyuls
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups (about 6 ounces) assorted baby lettuces
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled—small berries halved, large ones quartered
- 4 ounces (1 cup) feta, preferably French, crumbled
- 1 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, feta and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note