Baby Elephant Ears Procençale
Frozen puff pastry makes these elegant crisps easy to prepare.
Yield: 5 1/2 dozen
- 1 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- Roll 1 pastry sheet into a 13- x 11-inch rectangle. Stir together olive oil, garlic, and salt. Brush half of olive oil mixture over pastry. Sprinkle with half of ripe olives, dried tomatoes, and minced parsley.
- Roll up pastry, jellyroll fashion, starting with each short side and ending at middle of pastry sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry sheet, olive oil mixture, olives, tomatoes and parsley.
- Cut rolls croswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Whisk together egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water, and brush evenly over pastries.
- Bake at 375º for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers