This salad is incredible! I made it exactly as called for and served it with Easter dinner - from the "Easter Dinner in the Dining Room" menu. Since I made it for 27 people and served it buffet style - I layered the ingredients in a large crystal salad bowl - greens, pears, strawberries, pecans, then crumbled blue cheese - and had the dressing on the side for each person to drizzle on as they served themselves. It was a beautiful preparation, everyone loved it and many asked for the recipe. This is perfect for special occasions, but my husband and I will make it often as well, since it doesn't require involved preparations or rare ingredients. Definitely a keeper!
Baby Blue Salad With Fresh Pears
More From Southern Living
- 2 (5-oz.) packages gourmet mixed salad greens, thoroughly washed
- 2 large Bartlett pears, cut into thin slices
- 1 qt. strawberries, quartered
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Sweet-and-Spicy Pecans
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1. Place greens on 8 individual serving plates. Top evenly with pears and strawberries. Sprinkle with cheese and pecans. Serve with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads