Baby Back Ribs with Mixed Berry Chipolte Glaze
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) 2 pb rask baby back pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon(s) chipolte chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) old bay seasoning
- 3/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 3 cup(s) mixed berries
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) chipolte chiles in adobo chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 whole(s) medium onion chopped
- 1. Pat ribs dry. In bowl, mix chipotle chile powder, Old Bay seasoning, 1 tsp. salt, l/2 c. brown sugar, and 1 tsp. garlic powder. Rub all over ribs. Tightly wrap in aluminum foil; refrigerate ribs at least 2 hrs. or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 35O°F. Place wrapped ribs in jelly-roll pan and bake 1 hr. 30 min. or until tender. Carefully unwrap; transfer 1/4 c. collected juices to measuring cup; discard remaining.
- 3. In food processor, pulse berries, ketchup, vinegar, chiles, 1/4 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, and meat juices until smooth. Press through fine-mesh sieve into med. bowl; discard seeds.
- 4. In 4-qt. saucepan, heat olive oil on med.-high. Add onion and cook 5 min. or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add berry mixture, heat to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 min. or until reduced by about one-third (to about 2 c.).
- 5. Prepare grill for direct grilling on med.-high. Set aside half of berry glaze for serving. Grill ribs 8 to 1O min. or until glossy, basting with remaining glaze and turning over occasionally. Transfer to platter; garnish with berries. Serve with reserved glaze.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baby Back Ribs with Mixed Berry Chipolte Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes