Baby Back Ribs With Jackie's Dry Rub
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Scott Martin
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Other: 6 Hours
- Mesquite wood chips
- 2 slabs baby back pork ribs (about 4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons mesquite liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Jackie's Dry Rub
- 1. Soak wood chips in water 30 minutes. Prepare smoker according to manufacturer's directions, bringing internal temperature to 225° to 250°; maintain temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Rinse and pat ribs dry. If desired, remove thin membrane from back of ribs by slicing into it with a knife and then pulling it off. (This will make ribs more tender.) Coat both sides of ribs with liquid smoke and olive oil. Sprinkle ribs with Jackie's Dry Rub, and rub into ribs.
- 3. Drain mesquite wood chips, and place on coals. Place pork ribs on lower cooking grate; cover with smoker lid.
- 4. Smoke ribs, maintaining temperature inside smoker between 225° and 250°, for 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes