My husband and I loved this recipe. I also added thinly sliced red onions (what can I say...I'm an onion addict) and it added another layer of flavor that worked well. Definately something we will make often.
Baby Arugula with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Photo: Coastal Living
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnut or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 11-ounce package goat cheese
- 4 Rosso Bruno tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Combine vinegar, walnut oil, mustard, shallot, and 2 tablespoons olive oil; set vinaigrette aside. Combine egg and water in a shallow bowl. Combine walnuts and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Cut goat cheese into 12, 1/4-inch rounds. Dip in egg mixture, and dredge in walnut mixture. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Sauté goat cheese rounds, in batches, in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange tomatoes and goat cheese on top of arugula. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This