I just happened to have a whole bunch of arugula left over from another recipe, and I found this very easy-to-make salad! It was so good. I didn't have any tomatoes, so next time I will definitely be adding those. I liked that the instructions specified to let the dressing sit on the salad - definitely cut the bitterness of the arugula. This might just become my regular salad to make! Yummy!
Baby Arugula Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
Arugula is certainly one of my very favorite greens. It's so very versatile. Delicious in a salad as well as holding up well to heavier dishes like pestos, grains, and pastas. But in early spring, when the baby arugula is in it's prime, I love showcasing it in a salad. The fresh lemon cuts the tiny bit of bite that this green has, and the Dijon lens a smooth and sweeter flavor to the dish. Topped with some fresh Parmesan (a fresh cut block will lend you the smoothest flavor - the texture you are going for here) and you've got yourself an awesome spring salad for any table.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 oz. (clam shell) of baby arugula, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, washed and dried thoroughly
- 2 oz. block of Parmesan Romano, shaved
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- -In large bowl, combine arugula and cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- -In small bowl, combine lemon juice and Dijon mustard and whisk to combine.
- -Whisking constantly to emulsify, slowly add in olive oil.
- -Whisk in salt and pepper
- -Add desired amount of dressing to arugula and toss to combine well.
- -Let sit for 5 minutes for lemon to break the bite of the arugula a bit.
- -Top with Parmesan shavings and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sharky and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note