- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds baby artichokes (about 12)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 153
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 7.6 g
- carbohydrate 23.3 g
- fiber 9.4 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 335 mg
- calcium 126 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon butter to pan, swirling to coat; heat 10 seconds or until foam subsides. Add panko and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute or until panko is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Place panko mixture in a small bowl; cool slightly. Stir in cheese, basil, and pepper.
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and 2 teaspoons juice; set aside.
Combine 6 cups water and 1 tablespoon juice. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, cut off stem of artichoke to within 1 inch of base; peel stem. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves from artichoke, leaving tender heart and bottom. Trim about 1 inch from top of artichoke. Cut artichoke in quarters. Place artichoke quarters in lemon water. Repeat procedure with the remaining artichokes.
Heat pan over medium-high heat. Drain artichokes, and pat dry. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter and oil to pan, swirling to coat bottom of pan; heat 15 seconds or until foam subsides. Add artichokes to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in salt. Sprinkle panko mixture over artichokes; toss gently to combine. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges, if desired.