- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in half lengthwise (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Pita chips
How to Make It
Spray cut sides of eggplant with cooking spray. Grill eggplant, skin side down, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 minutes. Turn eggplant halves over, and grill 4 minutes or until flesh is nicely browned and tender. Remove from grill, and let stand 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.
Scoop pulp from eggplant halves into a large wire-mesh strainer; let drain 20 minutes. Combine drained pulp, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and next 6 ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
To serve, transfer dip to a serving bowl; drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, and sprinkle with smoked paprika and olives. Serve with pita chips.