Baba Ghanoush with Pita Chips
Community Recipe from
- 6 Pita breads
- 1 1/2 pound(s) globe eggplants
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin ground
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Stack the pita breads on top of each other and cut into 6 wedges. Separate each wedge into 2 pieces. Spread the wedges out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until crisp.
- Puncture the eggplants in several places with a fork and bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool.
- Peel the eggplant, coarsely chop the flesh, and transfer to a food processor. Add garlic, cilantro, cumin, and cayenne and puree. Add olive oil and lemon juice and pulse to combine. Season to taste with salt. Serve with the pita bread crackers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baba Ghanoush with Pita Chips Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes