- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about
- 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- calories 61
- fat 3.5 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- protein 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 7.4 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 136 mg
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- fiber 0.3 g
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Pierce eggplant several times with a fork; place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, and place, cut sides down, in a colander; drain 30 minutes. Scrape out eggplant pulp; discard shell.
Place parsley and garlic in a food processor; pulse 6 to 7 times until minced. Add eggplant pulp, lemon juice, and remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.