I tried this Awesome Pot Roast and it was great. After the meat was done, I took out the roast and set it aside. Added carrots and potatoes to the gravy, also added corn starch to thicken the gravy. Cooked on slow cook setting, until the carrots and potatoes were done. The gravy turned out perfect. Returned meat to crock pot just to heat it up a bit. Gave some to friends and they just loved it. Thank you for such a great and easy recipe!
Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 2 can(s) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package(s) dry onion soup mix
- 1.25 cup(s) water
- 5.5 pound(s) pot roast
- In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
- Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- From reviewer: I have made this recipe at least 15 times. What I have found that the best cut of meat to use is a tri-tip roast. There is no need to brown the meat but I do recommend triming off as much fat as possible.
- One problem I had was that there was always too much gravy left over. I have recently discovered that this recipe comes out just as spectacular using one can of soup and half a can of water. Do use the regular amount of onion soup mix. It should be cooked to perfection in about six hours.
- I also have a suggestion on the type of slowcooker used. I first tried making this recipe in a small Nesco but it was not able to keep the roast completely immersed in the soup mixture. I use a Rival. It is 7 inches wide and about 5 inches deep. This is the most typical slowcooker around.
- Finally a word on adding vegetables. I tried adding carrots and potatoes to this recipe and for some reason the gravy was not very flavorful. For this reason I just leave them out.
- Good luck!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note