Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package(s) dry onion soup mix
- 1.25 cup(s) water
- 5.5 pound(s) pot roast
- In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
- Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- From reviewer: I have made this recipe at least 15 times. What I have found that the best cut of meat to use is a tri-tip roast. There is no need to brown the meat but I do recommend triming off as much fat as possible.
- One problem I had was that there was always too much gravy left over. I have recently discovered that this recipe comes out just as spectacular using one can of soup and half a can of water. Do use the regular amount of onion soup mix. It should be cooked to perfection in about six hours.
- I also have a suggestion on the type of slowcooker used. I first tried making this recipe in a small Nesco but it was not able to keep the roast completely immersed in the soup mixture. I use a Rival. It is 7 inches wide and about 5 inches deep. This is the most typical slowcooker around.
- Finally a word on adding vegetables. I tried adding carrots and potatoes to this recipe and for some reason the gravy was not very flavorful. For this reason I just leave them out.
- Good luck!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note